Throwback: The best of DJ Jimmy Jatt
DJ Jimmy Jatt, born Oluwaforijimi "Jimmy" Adewale Amu
DJ Jimmy Jatt, born Oluwaforijimi “Jimmy” Adewale Amu is one of the pioneering DJs in Nigeria. He started out his career as a rapper but when record labels wouldn’t sign him, he switched to DJ-ing. As a DJ he has brought artists together and made some huge hits over the years. Here is a list of some of his biggest works
1. Stylee– in this track, Jimmy Jatt brought together Tuface, Modenine and Elajoe in the first single off his first album, The definition. Back in 2007. Stylee was a hit and has carved a place for itself as one of the biggest hip hop songs in Nigeria from the 2000s.
2. Too Much– Once upon a time, Nigeria had some of the baddest female rappers in the continent. DJ Jimmy Jatt, seeing their talent brought them together in Too Much. Sasha P, Bouqui, Kemistry and Blaise. They literarily spat fire on the track. They set the ground for female rappers in Nigeria.
3. Turn up– Here Jimmy Jatt brought together two distinct acts, Flavour and Terry Apala and made a hit! Flavour’s highlife and Terry Apala’s sounds was brought together to make the chilliest turn up track for 2016.
4. Dan Ya won– Jimmy Jatt tapped into the ‘omo wobe’ frenzy and brought together some of the stars of the streets –Olamide, Lil Kesh and Viktoh in this track. Of course, it was a mega hit.
5. Glasses Up– With Sound Sultan, 2Face and Burna Boy. This was a club banger, with the amazing talent of the trio Jimmy Jatt reiterated why he is the most respected DJ in Nigeria
6. The Greatest– In the greatest, Jimmy Jatt brought Femi Kuti, son of the legendary Fela along with the revered Mode Nine, Anifest, Navio to make a great track