Be ready to be blown away by new facts about the human body. For example, did you know that men burn fat quicker than women or that there are odd insects that live on the human eyelashes? Weird right?
Find out more below:
1. I bet you didn’t know that the higher your IQ, the more you dream.
2. Women’s hearts beat quicker than men’s. No wonder we are so passionate.
3. Men burn fat quicker than ladies at a rate of around 50 calories per day.
4. During your lifetime, you will secrete enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
5. If your saliva can’t break up or blend with nourishment, you won’t have the capacity to taste that substance (go on, try it and prove me wrong).
6. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone. God is wise to have made such knowing how often men can get furious and begin tossing punches.
7. Humans shed and regroup external skin every 27 days. Truly?! Lol, no big surprise why the well known young Nigerian entertainer ‘Emmanuella’ said in one of her prominent plays “dis isn’t my real face oh” she wasn’t kidding goodness.
8. All babies are color blind at birth; they see only black and white.
9. Almost all individuals on the planet have an extraordinary mite on their eyelashes called Demodex.
10. Smiling triggers 17 muscles of the face while crying initiates 43. So smile more!
11. The only reason the acid in your stomach doesn’t eat directly through your body is that the stomach cells are restored quicker than they are destroyed.
12. You may not believe this but you are taller in the morning than in the evening. On average you are around 1 cm shorter during the evening. This is because the ligament between your bones is compressed throughout the day
13. Men get hiccups twice as much as women.
14. Human beings are the only living things that sleep on their backs.
15. Teeth are the only part of the human body which doesn’t heal itself. So next time you think of getting into a fist fight, remember your teeth won’t heal itself if wounded.
16. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
17. The average person farts 14 times per day. Believe it or not, everyone farts. And most people fart around 14 times per day. That can add up to between 1 and 3 pints of gas per day.
18. Fresh urine is cleaner than water: Believe it or not, your pee is cleaner than saliva, the skin on your face, and even tap water. That’s because healthy urine is sterile until it comes into contact with bacteria. However, it quickly becomes unsterile after it leaves the body. And don’t think about drinking it — it can upset the balance of salt and nitrogen in the body.
19. Everyone has a different odor, special unique finger impression, and one of a kind tongue print. YUP! I was shocked too, I could never have guessed. source
- There are still so many questions to answer about the workings of the human body and, most mysterious of all, it is influenced by our state of mind. -Craig Venter