Basic beauty tips you must know
Like everyone else, if you desire a more beautiful you, there are basic beauty tips that you should have at your fingertips.
Let’s take a look at some of these things that should be basic knowledge:
Cleaning and makeup removal:
- Always wash your makeup off before bed. You should use a cream or milk cleanser to wash your face as creams are less drying than gels.
- If you often find yourself being too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your nightstand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.
- Use blotting papers to manage oil and shine in your T-Zone. They are also great for cleaning up around the eyes.
- Use the right shade of foundation by choosing the product you think is closest to your colour. First try it on your jawline in natural light to be able to easily compare it to your neck’s colour to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.
- For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product like a setting spray.
- To contour cheeks, use a matte powder (a few shades darker than your skin tone) with an angled brush. Blend on temples and under the cheekbone.
For beautiful eyes:
- Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
- If you choose to use false eyelashes, remember to use the dark glue as it will blend in with the lashes.
- When using an eyeshadow primer, only place the primer where you’ll be adding colour.
- For the perfect cat-eye, select a thin liner brush that is tapered to the point. Use a gel eyeliner for extra staying power.
- To clean up the flick of a cat eye, use a dampened, pointed Q-tip
- Your mascara becomes flaky the formula is too dry or old. Be sure to close the mascara bottle after use to help keep its moisture. To extend the life a bit, add 2-3 drops of saline solution into the tube and swirl the brush around.
- Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
For fuller lips, extend the lip line using a flesh tone lip liner. Be careful not to go overboard, though!
For Healthy/Beautiful Hands and Feet:
- For chipped nail polish, add glitter on top to disguise the chipped edge.
- In the absence of nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
- Use a pumice stone on your feet after taking a shower to get rid of calluses.
For Lovely Hair:
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of any product build-up that may have occurred during the week.
- The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Eat well, exercise, and sleep well. Carrots are good for the hair. A healthy diet leads to a beautiful you.
- After using a hair conditioning mask, follow with a cold-water rinse to close the hair cuticles.
- If you straighten your hair with a flat iron, cause less heat damage by letting hair air dry. The less heat, the better!
- To add volume to clean or unwashed hair, use a dry shampoo spray.
Other Useful Beauty Habits:
- Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning.
- To make a pimple go away faster, don’t pick at it. The bacteria on your fingers will create more redness, and any attempt at popping will make things worse.
- Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.
- Remember that when it comes to makeup, less is more.