It’s another weekend in Lagos. Add spice to your weekend by attending one or more of these exciting activities
1. Attend Afropolitan vibes: it’s the 50th edition of one of Afropolitian Vibes- one of the best live music shows in Lagos. This edition will feature Mavin star, Johnny Drille, Omawunmi, the legendary Bright Chimezie and of course Bantu and the agbero crew. Gate fee is only N1,000, venue is at Muri Okunola Park from 8pm
2. Glow in the dark camping: Go camping with the Lagos Backpackers from 22nd – 23rd September 2108 at the Prime Beach, Ajah,. Accommodation is Strictly Tents. Gate fee is N5,500 only. Contact the backpackers at 09081691891
3. BOdyssey workshop: Join Monika Czyzyk at the African Artist Foundation for a workshop that explores equality, gender, politics, family, technology and advancement of post-human kind. Monika will introduce the special astronaut Barbie doll with a video camera and a playback unit embedded in its body. Participants will be encouraged to create their own videos and further collaborations will be welcome. Venue: 3b Isiola Oyekan Close Off Adeleke Adedoyin Street, Off Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island
4. Game Yard x Anime Crunch: Calling all gamers and anime lovers. Just bring your consoles, pcs and anime (We bring the TVs). ENTRY FEE IS N500 & NO FIFA OR PES ALLOWED. P:S (NEW SPIDERMAN PS4 will be available for free play). Venue 234 Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Islan
5. Trace in the City: Go party with some of Nigeria’s biggest hip hop stars -Ice Prince, Mayorkun, Mc Galaxy, & more at Yabatech Sports complex on Friday 21st Sept, 2018. Entry is free
6. “IN-TER-AC-TIONS”: This a follow up to Rele Gallery’s interactive exhibition series which started in 2016 with artists Soji Adesina and Uthman Wahab. This 2nd edition features the unconventional, dynamic works of 3 artists – @maie_okafor, @patrickakpojotor and @obyzsphere
With “IN-TER-AC-TIONS”, the aim is to continue to offer a fresh perspective on how art can be perceived and engaged with, and to deconstruct the concept of how art can interact with a space. Each artist, with their distinctive techniques and mediums, Okafor with ceramics, Patrick with an installation and Obinna with video art/photography address pertinent contemporary issues of migration, urban development and globalization.
The exhibition opens on Sunday 23rd September 2018 at Rele Gallery, 5, Military street, Onikan Lagos.
7. Talk your own: Go relax and listen to poetry, live music and gripping prose at The African Artists Foundation on Saturday Sept 23 from 5pm to 10pm.
Have fun! Remember to share all your fun experiences with us @avenue.ng