Our Woman Crush Wednesday is none other than the beautiful and amazing screen diva Nse Ikpe Etim
Nse was born on 21 October 1974. She is the first of six children. She attended Awa Nursery School and Command Primary School in Kaduna State.
She furthered her studies at St Louis College, Jos, The Federal Government College Jos and Ilorin.
She accrued the inconsistency in her location to her father’s career with the Central Bank of Nigeria, which made them relocate from one state to another.
She got her first degree in Theater Arts from the University of Calabar .
Although she had been acting from her secondary school days, Etim started real acting at the age of 18 on stage at the University of Calabar, where she schooled.
Her first television appearance was in the family soap ‘ Inheritance’ . After her graduation from university, she temporarily left the film industry to venture in other endeavours.
She worked briefly in the banking and fashion industry. She also worked in the media briefly as an On-Air-Personality for Rhythm and Cool Fm.
She made her comeback with ‘Reloaded’ and ‘ Mr. and Mrs’ which endeared her to the hearts of Nigerians with her flawless and natural acting.
She was Mary (Phone Swap), Ajiri Henshaw (The Visit), Susan Abbah (Mr and Mrs), Bolarinwa (The Meeting), Ori (Imale), Kaylah (Stalker) but to mention a few.
She has gotten several awards and nominations such as:
* Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) 5th and 8th Edition.(Best Actress in a leading role), 2014
* Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Award (Best Actress in a Drama), 2009
* Best of Nollywood Awards (Revelation of the year (Female)),
* ZAFAA Awards (Best actress in a supporting role), 2010
* Best of Nollywood Awards (Best Actress in a leading role),
* The Eloy Awards (Actress of the year), 2012
* Nigeria Entertainment Awards (Best Lead actress), 2013
* City People Entertainment Awards (Best Actress of the year)
She got engaged to Clifford Sule, her childhood friend and a senior lecturer with the Middlesex University, UK.
The couple tied the knots in a civil ceremony at a registry in Lagos, on the 14th of February 2013.
She relocated to the UK to be with her husband, after their traditional wedding which held in Akwa Ibom state.
She is a fan of the Manchester United football club. Her hobbies include : cooking, reading, writing and playing scrabble.