Genevieve Nnaji is one of the most popular actors in Nigeria. Apart from acting, she has worked as a model and singer, and now her first movie, Lion Heart was premiered at TIFF 2018.
Here are 5 things you didn’t know about her
- She started acting at the age of eight. Yes. She was a child actor in the then popular soap opera, Ripples.
- Genevieve attended Methodist Girls College, Yaba and studied Creative Arts at the University of Lagos
- Her first Nollywood film was the hit movie, Most Wanted. Since then, Genevieve has featured in over 100 movies in Nigeria.
- She is one of the best paid actresses in Africa. Oprah referred to her as the Julia Roberts of Africa in 2004.
- Her clothing line, St. Genevieve donates its proceeds to charity.
- Her first movie, Lion Heart premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival and has been acquired by Netflix!